header photo


Service in the interest of Justice

Looking for Best Divorce Lawyer In Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali, Zirakpur

Best Divorce lawyer in Chandigarh

If your Marriage has had hit rock-bottom and there is no scope of improvement or reconciliation, then divorce is not a bad word at all. Times have changed and you don’t have to suffer lifetime just for the sake of family, society, or your beloved ones. I know it is easy to say and it’s a difficult call but life is never meant to be easy. I hope you get my intentions right from the start.

If your marriage makes you suffer then it is recommended to break away from such marriage. Marriages done under Hindu religion are covered under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (HMA ). This is applicable to Sikhs, Hindus, Jain, Buddhists and married under saptapadi ceremony.

But wait, is your spouse willing to give you a divorce? Get an answer to it first. Talk to a counselor, your elders or anyone who can help you in making this decision. There are various NGO’s who can help you come out of this difficult situation. The purpose of this post is not to encourage you to take a divorce but understand how to come out of a failed marriage. Don’t be ashamed if your marriage didn’t work out.

There are usually two kinds of Divorces:

1 Contested where one party wants it and the other refuses to give it. It is covered under Sec 13 (1) of the  Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. The Grounds for contested divorce can be and applicable to both:

  1. Sex outside marriage,
  2. Treated petitioner with Cruelty,
  3. Deserted the spouse from 2 years.
  4. Converted to other religion and ceased to Hindu.
  5. Insanity, Unsound mind, any Mental Disorder where impossible for petitioner to live with other.
  6. Leprosy- virulent and incurable form.
  7. Veneral disease in communicable form.
  8. Renounced the world by entering into any religious order.
  9. Has not been heard Alive from past 7 years.
  10. Not living together from past year or upwards after passing of order in Conjugal rights case, or a Judicial Separation case.


There are two additional grounds for wife for seeking divorce:

  1. Wife can also give a petition if husband is married before or remarried when she is alive.
  2. Husband guilty of rape , sodomy or bestiality since marriage.
  3. Not able to Cohabit together for past one year or upward after  decree against husband under Sec 18 of Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, Sec 125 or Sec 488 of Criminal Procedure Code.
  4. Marriage done before the age of fifteen years and she has repudiated marriage after attaining the age and before 18 years.


2 Mutual Divorce- Mutual Divorce is the best way to move out of a failing marriage. It saves time as well as money. You can get it hassle free at 20K to 25K from LawRato or Legistify providing the necessary assistance online. Mutual Divorce is filed under Sec 13-B of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

The necessary conditions to fulfill for Mutual Divorce:

  1. Husband-wife living separately for a year or more.
  2. No scope of cohabitation or reconciliation
  3. Mutually agreed for the dissolution of Marriage.

Mutual Divorce can be done in 7 Months if there is an absolute agreement between the couple in terms of

  1. Money/Asset/Property/Alimony/Istridhan/Marriage Expenses
  2. Joint Loan/Joint liability/Jewelry/Home Loan/Car Loan
  3. Maintenance for Future/Monthly, Quarterly, yearly or lump sum one time
  4. Kids Custody/Education/Their Maintenance
  5. Anything than can be of dispute between the couple should be sorted before reaching court.

Remember, Mutual Divorce happens in 7 months because there isn’t any dispute between the couple and Judge doesn’t had to bring any settlement which in other cases usually takes years; application of a judicial mind. But, must tell you, it is big relief and you can save many beautiful years of your life going for Mutual Divorce.

Now, back to you. Decide the best for yourself. If you wish to talk to me, reach me at

Go Back